Requests for Staff (RfS) is the process by which the community decides who will become staff members, who are trusted editors to serve as wiki staff. A user either submits his/her own request for staff (a self-nomination) or is nominated by another user. For record purposes, we will be keeping previous applications on file as reference and for public access in the Archive.
Simply being a registered user grants the editor access to many tools. No need to apply for anything, simply create a user on the wiki and continue editing.
- Customize the appearance and features of the community by setting their preferences and personal CSS and JS.
- Upload an image, video, or other file.
- Add pages to their watchlist, which can be used to track edits to a particular page.
- Maintain a user profile.
- Remove advertisements from all pages (except for the main page of each community).
- Rename pages.
Registered users who have been with Fandom for at least 4 days also have access to the following tools:
- They no longer have to go through a captcha when inserting an external link into a page, blanking a page, or creating a new account.
- They can edit semi-protected pages.
Wiki staff positions
Content Moderators (Open)
Content Moderators are users who have additional tools available to moderate specific parts of the community. These tools are:
- Editing and moving fully protected pages.
- Deleting and undeleting pages and files.
- Editing and moving protected files.
- Protecting and unprotecting pages.
Requirements to apply:
- Must have 75+ Edits. (More than just grammar and minor edits)
- A past history of good behavior (No Blocks, No Arguments, No Spam, Vandalism, Etc).
- Have an active commitment for the wiki.
- Have experience in moderating projects.
Administrators are trusted users who oversee the day-to-day operation of the wiki and help the wiki in more ways than just editing articles. Such as:
- Patrolling, i.e. quality control.
- Leading the site's editor base and coaching new users.
- Working with editors to create, amend, and implement policies.
- Enacting said policies and enforcing the Code of Conduct.
- Combating vandals and spambots.
- Performing general site maintenance.
Recruitment based on active contributions to the wiki:
- Must have made outstanding contributions to the wiki.
- Demonstrate an ability to work with others by participating in wiki discussions.
- Know your way around the WikiMedia platform.
Recruitment based on technical expertise:
Must be an active wiki contributor but also have expertise in one or more of the following fields:
- Expertise in MediaWiki System Administration
- Expertise in CSS and Graphics.
- Mass Edit Automation
- Templates & Modules
Bureaucrats manage the wiki on a higher level. They are responsible for the direction of the site, its projects, and its community. Most of their work goes on behind the scenes. Unlike admins, you will not necessarily see their names in the logs very often, though they are still very much active on the site.
How to Apply for staff position:
If you believe you meet the requirements written above and wish to apply for a wiki staff position, contact a Bureaucrat or an Administrator on the wiki or on discord. After you send the application all the Prison Architect Wiki Staff will vote the majority will decide your status.