|This article or section contains information that is out-of-date.
Fence is one of the four types of walls, the others being:
Tips and Tricks
- A fence around the perimeter of the map can provide a cheap final measure to keep escaped prisoners in.
- A fence is not as stable as a wall, which means more warmth will be let out by a fence which cools down your prison.
- When a prison is created, it is advisable to place fences as soon as possible. They're cheap, and act as a wall for outside rooms (e.g. yard). However, the player should replace them with a better wall (e.g. perimeter wall, brick wall) or add more layers of them.
- As you progress later in the game, it is better to spend the extra money for Perimeter Walls as they have a high durability rate and inmates will avoid digging or climbing them.
- The Fence was formerly a type of border element.
- It was free to place until Alpha 23, where it was changed to $3 a square.
- Because the Fence is a material, it is impossible to change dirt texture under the fence.
- As of Alpha 34, fences no longer slow down prisoners digging an escape tunnel.
- As of Alpha 36, there is a random event that can occur where a random section of around 5-12 fences will collapse (subsidence)
- Just like with walls, contraband can still be thrown over if it's within 10 tiles of the border.