Prison Architect Wiki
Advertisement

The Policy Tab is found in the Reports menu, bottom right corner, and is a combination of prison regulation options regarding Discipline and Nutrition.


Discipline[]

All misconducts fall under one of 10 incident categories.

  • Destruction
  • Escape Attempt
  • Attack Prisoner
  • Attack Staff
  • Murder
  • Serious Injury
  • Intoxication
  • Found Weapons
  • Found Tools
  • Found Drugs
  • Found Luxuries
  • Complaining (console and mobile only)

For each misconduct you are given the options to search that prisoner, search his cell, and impose punishment. Punishment can be set to nothing, lockdown, and solitary. Punishment duration can be set in half hour increments. You can also increase the prisoners security, from low, medium, max, and super-max.

Nutritional[]

Variety - how many types of food our prisoners will get.

  • None - only cabbage
  • Low - add potatoes
  • Medium - add bacon
  • High - add eggs

Quantity - how many food items your prisoners will get.

  • Low - 1
  • Medium - 2
  • High - 3

As of 'Cleared for Transfer', players can now set up different nutritional policies for each security level. The game recommended policies are as followed:

  • Minimum Security: High Variety, Medium Quantity.
  • Medium Security, Protective Custody and Criminally Insane: Medium Variety, Medium Quantity.
  • Maximum Security: Low Variety, Medium Quantity.
  • Supermax: No Variety, Medium Quantity.
  • Death Row: High Variety, High Quantity.

Notes[]

Long or harsh punishments can give the prisoner the suppressed status effect.

I find medium variety and high quantity gives many prisoners the well fed status effect.

The image shown is for reference only and is not a suggestion for discipline or nutrition.

Cost table for nutrition variation. (Per prisoner)

No Variety

Low Variety

Medium Variety

High Variety

Low Quantity

$1

$2

$6

$10

Medium Quantity

$2

$4

$12

$20

High Quantity

$3

$6

$18

$30

Parole Cutoff[]

Prisoners have a 'Re-offending Chance'. You can use the Parole Cutoff to decide at what point you will not take a risk paroling a prisoner.

For example, you can set the Cutoff to parole anyone with a 35% or lower Re-offending Chance, or take a risk and set it to parole anyone with a 65% or lower Re-offending Chance. Note that for a prisoner to be paroled, they must serve at least half their sentence.

As of 'Cleared for Transfer', players can now assign different parole cutoff percentages for each security level. The game recommended parole cutoff for reoffending chances are as followed:

  • Minimum Security: 40%
  • Medium Security, Protective Custody and Criminally Insane: 30%
  • Maximum Security: 20%
  • Supermax: 15%


Advertisement