The Valuation tab can be found under Reports. An accountant is needed to unlock this tab. Valuation gives an overview of your prison value, including the value of your Staff, prisoner capacity, and objects. It also shows any penalties earned for deaths or escapes.
The total value of your prison can be sold to fund a new prison on a new map. Your prison can only be sold once but you can continue playing on the map. Additionally, you may sell shares in your prison, at a rate of 10% of your prison's value, excluding cash. You may buy back these shares at the same rate of 10% of your prison's value, including cash. You can sell up to 50% of your prison this way, and you can buy back at any time, however the price can change.
By reselling your prison after the first time, you can continue to expand your prison further, i.e. you can start a very low funded prison and eventually work your way up to a very big and well funded prison. However if you have sold 20% shares, you will only receive 80% of the price when you sell the entire prison.
In order to sell your prison you have to meet these requirements:
- An accountant at your prison with their own office.
- $50,000 minimum positive prison value.
- 20 or more prisoners.
- No recent deaths or escapes.
The following are components in prison value. All are bonuses add to your valuation (except stock and materials).
- Bricks and Mortar (which improves with the condition/cleanliness of your prison).
- Fixtures and Fittings: Objects such as beds, office desks, toilets, etc.
- Stock and materials: Consists of food, sheet metal, laundry, bleach and other supplies in storage.
- Prisoner Capacity ($500 per prisoner): The number of cells you have, excluding holding cells or solitary confinement.
- Cash: How much cash you have on-hand.
Safety and Security
Penalties may be awarded to any prisons which have experienced any:
- Deaths in the last 24 hours
- Escapes in the last 24 hours
Each penalty is worth $50,000 per prisoner.